These days our PCs and Servers are much more than just computers, they’re our life – both business and personal.
Most of, if not all, the important information in our life is now stored electronically on a computer. Whether it’s those precious family photos/videos, that music collection or critical business documents and financial records, everything is digital.
Hardware failure, viruses, fire, theft, a power surge, or even a disgruntled employee and you could be left with all of your data gone forever.
The possibilities of how it can happen are endless (trust me I’ve seen most of them) and there is only one thing you can guarantee when it comes to technology – all hard drives will fail, often without any warning whatsoever.
Here are some of the statistics, and factoids, relating to the topic of data loss/backup/recovery:
- 99% of all businesses out there DO NOT carry out a daily backup (yes … this includes YOU).
- 60% of all data backups taken are incomplete, or have some level of data corruption.
- 1 out of every 10 hard drives fails in the FIRST YEAR.
- Only 3 out of every 100 lost/stolen computers are ever recovered.
- Over 25 Million computers are lost/stolen every year around the world.
- DAT tapes have a restore success rate of UNDER 50% over the life of the tape.
- 50% of all conventional restore processes fail.
- 70% of businesses that suffer a major data loss go out of business within 18 months.
- Onsite backups offer ZERO PROTECTION from FIRE, FLOOD, VIRUS and THEFT.
- A 2009 business survey concluded that every MB of data in your systems is worth $10,000.
- Company directors can go to jail for breaches in data protection/privacy laws.
That’s the bad news.
The good news is that it’s simple to address. I can tell you what I use for my business – which is Data Vault Security (www.datavaultsecurity.com) – but first why do I use them:
- They use Military grade (256-bit) encryption to keep my data as secure as possible.
- They compress the data before sending it across the wire, minimising storage/bandwidth/time.
- The data is stored at Data Vault Security in encrypted form – so it is totally secure even if somebody managed to hack into their data centres.
- The Backup/Restore client does not lose connection if the line drops out (dynamic resume);
- There is no size limit, so my requirements can grow as my business grows without additional equipment.
- I can create up to 150 different Backup Sets, each of which can have a different backup frequency (eg: Emails daily, Database logs hourly, Picture libraries weekly) at no additional cost.
- They are the only backup/restore providers to offer a A$3M restore guarantee if for some reason I cannot get my data back – NOBODY ELSE OFFERS THIS, they barely give any undertakings when it comes to getting your data back.
- They use a 3-way disk mirror rather than the traditional 2-way disk mirror for additional redundancy, to better protect my data.
- They keep copies of my data in at least 2 separate data centres at once, for additional reliability in restoring my data (WHEN I NEED IT).
This is the link that can be used by a business/individual who wants to request the trial themselves http://www.datavaultsecurity.com/index.php?act=scaleSurvey If you check this out, the relevant Reseller Guest Code is TS8113 which is the code that lets Data Vault Security know the referral came from my business.
This is the link that can be used by a business user who wants to start using the Data Vault Security service straight away http://www.datavaultsecurity.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=3 If you check this out, the relevant Reseller Guest Code is TS8113 which is the code that lets Data Vault Security know the referral came from my business.
This is the link that can be used by a home (domestic) user who wants to start using the Data Vault Security service straight away http://www.datavaultsecurity.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=4 If you check this out, the relevant Reseller Guest Code is TS8113 which is the code that lets Data Vault Security know the referral came from my business.